Skotare

forwarder valmet 828

8 inlägg 2687 visningar 2 följer Svara, dela mm...   
Användarvisningsbild

forwarder valmet 828

paulius1337  
#801408 Hello, first of all sorry for bad english. I have a few questions about forwarder valmet 828. Maybe someone knows how to turn on high gear? I don't have a manual and I can't find where to buy one, so its hard to understand about this forwarder (plus a big mess in the cab). Second question, is it true that valmet 820-828 have problems with transmission oil overheat while driving on the road? My work place is about 7-9km away from me, so i'm thinking will I be able to drive that distance (not every day). One more time sorry for bad english, I'm looking for help here because in my country no one knows about this valmet models.

TS
Rottne skotare

Re: forwarder valmet 828

AKKAMAAN  
paulius1337 skrev:Hello, first of all sorry for bad english. I have a few questions about forwarder valmet 828. Maybe someone knows how to turn on high gear? I don't have a manual and I can't find where to buy one, so its hard to understand about this forwarder (plus a big mess in the cab). Second question, is it true that valmet 820-828 have problems with transmission oil overheat while driving on the road? My work place is about 7-9km away from me, so i'm thinking will I be able to drive that distance (not every day). One more time sorry for bad english, I'm looking for help here because in my country no one knows about this valmet models.

If there is a mechanical high/low gear it must be located in an inter-axle gearbox, the same gearbox that the hydrostatic motor is connected to. If you can find the shifter in that gearbox then you can follow a cable wire, hydraulic hoses, and/or electric wires back to a lever or electric switch. That's how we solved problems like this before the internet was available...

Användarvisningsbild

machonisti  
#801431 Turn chair backward. In the left corner you find a lever. It can be difficult to change gear. The gearwheels dont make it easy. Hard to know if you need to lift or put the lever down.

Användarvisningsbild

paulius1337  
machonisti skrev:Turn chair backward. In the left corner you find a lever. It can be difficult to change gear. The gearwheels dont make it easy. Hard to know if you need to lift or put the lever down.

thank you very much for the answer. I tried to move that lever, but it was difficult ( maybe previous owner
did not use it 😀 ).

TS

AKKAMAAN  
paulius1337 skrev: I tried to move that lever, but it was difficult ( maybe previous owner
did not use it 😀 ).

If the brakes are applied while trying to shift the gear there can be a lot of tension between the gears if all-wheel drive is activated. Try it with brakes released and the engine idling with the hydrostatic drive in neutral

Användarvisningsbild

paulius1337  
AKKAMAAN skrev:
paulius1337 skrev: I tried to move that lever, but it was difficult ( maybe previous owner
did not use it 😀 ).

If the brakes are applied while trying to shift the gear there can be a lot of tension between the gears if all-wheel drive is activated. Try it with brakes released and the engine idling with the hydrostatic drive in neutral

What about max speed? google says its about ~30km/h, is it true? Does this valmet model have common problems, which i need to check?

TS
Användarvisningsbild

machonisti  
#801496 Find a little slope. Change backward/forward pull the lever at same time. Suddenly you succeed. Forget 30 km/h risky (heat)
Check this out.
Valmet 828 -90

AKKAMAAN  
#801521 Also, try to rock the steering back and forth while pulling/pushing the shift lever

Besvara  
  • Sida 1 av 1
Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).