Skogsröjning

Gratis Amerikan i skogsarbete mot uppehälle och mat

184 inlägg 51500 visningar 15 följer Svara, dela mm...   
Användarvisningsbild

Re: Gratis Amerikan i skogsarbete mot uppehälle och mat

PRN  
#778427 Detdär kan funderas på hmm kan nog både ha för å nackdelar i mina ögon å erfarenhet å det ä är både ur föryngrings perspektiv/genspridning samt ur dränga synpunkt ,nog är det ett kul sätt för att resa å arbeta men de flesta länder vill först att en "resande " ska ha med sig en väsentlig del pengar till en början ! Sen om he ska arbetas så måst det finnas visum för det hela arbetsvisum . Det är en process för att jobba gratis ? Hmm något stämmer inte prova göra det där i usa å du blir nekad att komma in (första gången jag reste dit behövdes kontaktperson å uppvisa att det finns pengar så det inte svartjobbas mm det är en process )

Mvh Paul Roger Nilsson

Stihl Motorsågar och Röjsågar
Användarvisningsbild

Solskenlogger  
#778481 I will not try to disagree with your points. Before is was allowed to come to Sweden l too had to show that l had the money to live for 90 days and that l had a ticket for the flight home. My goals were not to travel cheap but to learn as much as l could about Swedish forestry and the growing of trees. I felt that the best way to do this in detail was to actually work in the forest. I was not interested in earning money or saving money. I was a quest in peoples homes and as guest l felt the need to make a contribution in some way to the family for their generous hospitality. My skills are in the forest.

The best part of doing this for both me and my host was to learn about and share what we both loved, the forest. A side benefit is that we always had something in common that we both wanted to talk about and did.

My greatest joy is to work in the forest. As l have no forest land of my own l have to work on the lands of others. Here in the States i do about 750 hour of free work doing mostly PCT for public and private forests. Working hard without having to worry about the money is a real gift and it is a paycheck with out limit.

Russell

Användarvisningsbild

Älgfoderodlare  
#778512 ...
Senast redigerad av Älgfoderodlare sön 18 dec 2022, 08:32, redigerad totalt 1 gång.

Användarvisningsbild

Solskenlogger  
#779346 I apologize for my delayed response.

Getting paid for pruned logs is difficult because mills will not pay more just because you say it has been pruned. Over many years mills have been disappointed when buying “pruned”logs. The value just has not been there because the quality of the pruning has not been good. Also because the time horizons are so long there is a need for reliable documentation. So because of mixed pruning standards and poor documentation there is a reluctance to gamble on pruned logs.

Unfortunately it is impossible to truly know what the internal quality of a log is by external appearances. Mills , through long experience have learned how to judge log but there are aways unpleasant surprises so they hedge their bets so the forest owner never receives the true value of their logs. You can not blame the mills, they do the best they can.

So if you can grow a straight log with no branches even under the current pricing schemes you are in effect paid for pruned logs. A quick look at a Pine price list shows this. Leaf trees are even more sensitive to branches.

On an industrial scale pruning does not make a lot of economic sense. But l think for the small forest owner it does make sense. Pruning is something that the owner can do. It takes no expensive tools and is a great way to spend time in your forest. I like to say never go into the forest without a tool it doesn’t much matter what tool there will always be some good you can put it to. My favorite tool of course is a LimbZipper.

The pruning situation in the northeastern US is similar to that of Sweden.

I believe pruning does two positive things one it produces quality logs and it allows for faster diameter growth by way of more aggressive spacing while still producing a branch free butt log.

If by some chance you want a LimbZipper you can source the pole and saw from Wolf-Garten in Sweden and l will ship the pruner-head along with the saw scabbard. Shipping the pole from the states is crazy expensive.

Thank for the questions
Russell

Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).