Skogsekonomi

non-timber forest products & payment for ecosystem services

3 inlägg 1387 visningar 1 följer Svara, dela mm...   
Användarvisningsbild

non-timber forest products & payment for ecosystem services

tamagotchi  
#781568 Dear landowners!

I'm still writing my thesis about combining sustainable forestry with sustainable tourism, and now I am browsing the schemes of Payment for Ecosystem Services (e.g. in Costa Rica), if such thing exists in Sweden (Nokas, I believe), and how commonly is it used or is it possible to receive a grant from the government for conserving ecosystem services? Have you tried to get a fund of such nature? (Payment for Ecosystem Services, should not exclusively be conserving your forest into a nature reserve, after all, for landowners Timber products can be as important as non-timber forest products). What are your experiences if you tried to get any funding for conserving your forest to some degree?

Also, I'm more than curious about landowners who currently do not harvest, or perhaps do single-tree-selection harvesting: do you get income from your forest from Non-timber forest products? (NTFPs) If you do, what are those exactly in your forest, and how big of a percentage does it contribute to your forest income?

I know these can be sensitive questions, but I am more than eager to hear as many voices and insights from landowners as possible on such matters. Hope to have a nice discussion in the comments!
/Tamara

TS
Landshypotek Bank
Användarvisningsbild

Re: non-timber forest products & payment for ecosystem servi

th  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#781654 At which university are you studying and at which level are you at, bachelor or master?

Användarvisningsbild

Re: non-timber forest products & payment for ecosystem servi

tamagotchi  
#781977 Hej th!
I am at SLU, and I'm finishing my master studies in landscape architecture.
Does that help you to give me an answer? :)

TS
 Besvara  
  • Sida 1 av 1
Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).