Jakt och Fiske

Vargjakten 2023

61 inlägg 7929 visningar 14 följer Svara, dela mm...   
Användarvisningsbild

Re: Vargjakten 2023

Josephine  
#788231 Här lite "intressant" info från Extinction Rebellion Sverige, "intressant" eftersom jag vet att majoriteten här tycker tvärtom och därmed blir det lite mer liv i luckan. Obs! jag är ingen "ulv i fårakläder" så utelämna personangreppen. Mina egna tankar och åsiker kommer efteråt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1673507943_varg1.jpg

länk: https://www.iconaclima.it/estero/territ ... -politica/ (italienska, men google translate finns annars) (10 Jan 2023)

"I Sveriges fall är det mer än en ekologisk fråga, det är en politisk fråga pga starkt tryck från jaktlobbyn. Undersökningar har visat att vargen är väl sedd av de flesta. Det finns en utbredd missuppfattning bland jägare att vargar oproportionerligt minskar antalet älgar."

"Sveriges riksdag har beslutat att jägare under den närmaste månaden ska kunna döda 75 vargar av en population på 460 exemplar."

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.add5299 (7:e juli 2022)

"För en god bevarandesituation med möjlighet till långsiktig överlevnad måste den sammanhållna populationens genetiskt effektiva storlek uppgå till minst 500, vilket i praktiken innebär minst 2000 individer"
-------------------------------------
2000! oj...
Stämmer den siffran?
och hur klarar de sig i Italien om de har 3000 vargar där?
eller har de nästan ingen jakt på hjort och andra djur då vargen sköter om det?

Jag är för att vargen ska få finnas i Sverige, men är kluven till var och hur många.
Det är lätt att tycka att det är ett fint djur - tills den attackerar och dödar fåren och hästarna i hagen
eller dödar din älskade hund. Sätter hästen i sken på vilken ditt barn eller barnbarn klamrar sig fast
för glatta livet.
Kan vi lära oss att leva med vargen inpå knuten (igen)?...

Detta året flyttar vi ner till de fina Ardennerna. Det finns varg där men än så länge ganska få individer.

// Josephine

gurka  
Josephine skrev:"För en god bevarandesituation med möjlighet till långsiktig överlevnad måste den sammanhållna populationens genetiskt effektiva storlek uppgå till minst 500, vilket i praktiken innebär minst 2000 individer"
-------------------------------------
2000! oj...
Stämmer den siffran?

Med ett riksdagsbeslut på 170-270 st, som grundades på "gynnsam bevarandestatus", ska avskjutningen styra mot detta.
Om alla särintresse fritt ska bestämma egna mål så finns det ingen anledning att genomföra val till riksdag och regering.

Användarvisningsbild

Josephine  
#788241 Eftersom jag inte litar på Google translates förmåga att översätta från Italienska till Svenska så blir det till engelska:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunting wolves in Sweden is a political issue
According to the experts "In the case of Sweden, more than an ecological question of overnumbering, it is a political question due to strong pressure from the hunting category."

The wolf hunting season began in Sweden on Monday 2 January, the Swedish Parliament has decided that over the next month hunters will be able to kill 75 wolves out of a population of 460 specimens.

In the countries of the Scandinavian peninsula, the killing of wolves is allowed, according to the country's policy, it is necessary to keep the wolf population below a fixed number to protect the safety of citizens. As Gunnar Glöersen, manager of predators at the Swedish Hunters' Association, told the local press at the opening to hunting these days, "Hunting is absolutely necessary to slow down the growth of wolves. The wolf pack is the largest we have had in modern times."

Since in other countries, such as Italy, wolf hunting is instead prohibited, despite the fact that there are currently a much greater number than in Sweden (more than 3000 specimens), we tried to understand the mechanisms underlying the Swedish decision together with Claudio Delfoco, naturalist and expert on the species.

First, what subspecies of wolf is found in Sweden? Is it a subspecies considered endangered?

«In Sweden the wolf is present with the subspecies Canis lupus lupus, commonly known as the Eurasian wolf. In Europe, at the community level, regardless of the subspecies, the wolf is a species protected by community conventions and directives (Berne Convention, Habitat Community Directive 43/92, CITIES).

«Speaking of "too numerous" is conceptually wrong. The wolf, as well as other predators, is able to "autonomously regulate its numbers" in an area in relation to the availability of food resources and suitable habitats available. In the case of Sweden, more than an ecological question of overnumbering, it is a political question due to strong pressure from the hunting category. Also because surveys and interviews have shown that the wolf is well seen by most people. In fact, in Sweden there is a widespread misconception among hunters that wolves disproportionately decrease the number of moose (leaving fewer to hunt). In addition, several cases of predation on hunters' dogs used for bear and moose hunting have been recorded over the years. In this case, the strong pressures received have probably overridden the Community directives for the protection of this species.

In Italy there are 3000 specimens, how is the wolf population managed here?

«In Italy the wolf is protected, as well as by EU directives, by state laws such as the Natali Decree of 1971 which prohibits hunting, by the Marcora Decree of 1976 which made the wolf a fully protected species and by other decrees such as law 157/ 92 which inserts the wolf among the particularly protected species and the Law 157/97 which inserts the wolf among the species of Community interest which require rigorous protection for example. As for the number of individuals in our area and the management of the same, there are not too many as there are numerous monitoring programs, management of the species and prevention of wolf damage, as well as dissemination and awareness programs on possible coexistence.

In addition to this massive hunting expedition, the Swedish Parliament wants to further reduce the number of wolves, guaranteeing the presence of only 170 specimens. Seventeen scientists have published a letter in the journal Science expressing their concerns about the decline in the number of wolves in the Scandinavian peninsula. “This action further threatens this already highly endangered population, which is genetically isolated and inbred” – they explain in the letter of appeal – “All authors are deeply concerned by the Swedish Parliament's desire to halve the size of the wolf population. The wolf population is, and has been known for some time, in a very difficult genetic situation. The Swedish wolf population is genetically isolated and highly inbred. The current population was founded by just three individuals in the 1980s and has been genetically isolated for decades. In recent years, only three genetically distinct individuals have managed to reproduce and spread genes that still remain in the population. The result is a population that has a very small gene pool, resulting in a level of inbreeding that is on average as high as that achieved when brothers and sisters mate with each other (an inbreeding rate of about 0.25).”

What does a difficult genetic situation entail for the species?

“The main risk of having such a small population is the collapse of the population itself with the extinction of the wolf at a local level. A small number of individuals, in fact, can lead to inbreeding and a bottleneck, with the consequence that the genetic makeup of the wolf population is not significant and completely eliminates some alleles or fixes other deleterious ones in the gene pool. Nonetheless, it has been noted that the elimination of one or more members of a herd destabilizes it, with the possibility that the remaining individuals turn their attention towards more accessible food sources such as domestic livestock rather than towards prey. wild as usual, negatively influencing public opinion.

The same scientists stated that: “For a good conservation situation with the possibility of long-term survival, the value of the genetically effective size of the cohesive population must amount to at least 500, which in practice means at least 2000 individuals”. With this type of management, is the species destined to become extinct?

«The risk of population collapse and consequent extinction at the local level is concrete, even if not immediately. Although Sweden borders with Norway and Finland, the Swedish population is isolated from its neighbors and a further decrease in the gene pool could be fatal.

As reported by the Guardian, Marie Stegard, president of the anti-hunting group Jaktkritikerna, also stated that “There is a large majority of Swedes who like wolves, even where they live. In our view, the reason for these hunts is simply that there is a demand for shooting wolves among hunters. Hunter organizations have enormous power in Sweden. As a matter of fact, the Swedish parliament has a hunting club open to members of all parties, with a shooting gallery below the parliament. Sounds like a joke, but it's absolutely true."

Hunting is a political issue in Sweden that shakes hands with the category of hunters even in times in which the importance of protecting biodiversity is a declared and widespread fact. That of killing through hunting is not a practice that is limited only to the wolf, but also concerns the population of lynx and bear. In a part of Europe often portrayed as being at the forefront of ecological and environmental issues, some practices die hard despite being clearly pro-extinction.
---------------------------------------

gurka  
Josephine skrev:Hunting is a political issue in Sweden that shakes hands with the category of hunters even in times in which the importance of protecting biodiversity is a declared and widespread fact.

Den enda lösning på denna typ av konspirationsteori brukar vara att man vill ha en stark ledare som genom att han har hela makten, inte kan påverkas av organisationer eller väljare.

hfab  
Josephine skrev:Kan vi lära oss att leva med vargen inpå knuten (igen)?...

// Josephine

Vad är det som säger att vi måste lära oss det?
Vi måste inte bevara alla djur i vår fauna för att samhället ska fungera.
Det gick tydligen utmärkt att utrota vildrenen.

Användarvisningsbild

T Landström  
#788270 Jämföra vargarna i Sverige med dom i Italien blir fel. Den "svenska" vargen är väl större.
Och skall vi leva med varg på husknuten måste vi jaga den så den blir skyggare...

edit: Skyller på autocorrect att det blev snyggare istället för skyggare... 😅
Senast redigerad av T Landström tor 12 jan 2023, 20:13, redigerad totalt 1 gång.

hfab  
T Landström skrev:Jämföra vargarna i Sverige med dom i Italien blir fel. Den "svenska" vargen är väl större.
Och skall vi leva med varg på husknuten måste vi jaga den så den blir snyggare.

Dom är ju ganska snygga nu också 🤣

isteskog  
#788276 Tur att Landström inte råkade skriva "styggare" iaf ..... 😉

tallen100  
#788283 Så mycket pengar som vargen kostat och sen alla bekymmer den orsakat, så är det stor skandal...
Begriper inte vad storstadsfolk har för glädje av vargen, vi som bor på landsbygden vet vad den ställer till.

Användarvisningsbild

Josephine  
#788299 Jag fick en länk om jakt och inavel, intressant läsning: https://www.de5stora.com/om-rovdjuren/a ... -vargjakt/

Användarvisningsbild

joran  
#788315 Josephine, Hur ser du på renskötsel och varg?
Den bedrivs ju i halva landet och är svår eller snarare omöjlig att kombinera med en stor vargstam.

Användarvisningsbild

T Landström  
#788320 Jag fick edittera... Skyller på autocorrect att det blev snyggare istället för skyggare... 😅

Tor R  
Josephine skrev:«The risk of population collapse and consequent extinction at the local level is concrete, even if not immediately. Although Sweden borders with Norway and Finland, the Swedish population is isolated from its neighbors and a further decrease in the gene pool could be fatal.

Så de tror att Sverige är inhägnat?

Användarvisningsbild

Josephine  
joran skrev:Josephine, Hur ser du på renskötsel och varg?
Den bedrivs ju i halva landet och är svår eller snarare omöjlig att kombinera med en stor vargstam.

För det första kan jag inte mycket om renskötsel i Sverige
och ingenting om hur hårt åt renskötseln vargen går åt,
så då är det svårt att ha en vettig åsikt om saken.

Det jag har läst hittills är att skyddsjakt får bedrivas vilket verkar ge som resultat att
de vargar som vandrar in från norr från Ryssland och Finland och som skulle kunna
ge vargarna söderöver en bättre genpol inte kommer så långt.

Tanken blir då om det vore möjligt att skapa "viltkorridorer" vilket skulle kunna gynna
alla djur som strövar fritt. "Ekodukter" över och tunnlar under motorvägar, järnvägar
m.m. Som det nu är, var?, bromsar inte malmtågen - de plöjer igenom renhjorden om den råkar
befinna sig på spåret.

En bekant skrev på Twitter - med färre inavlade vargar får de få som kommer fram utifrån
större chans att sprida sina gener vidare.
Hur många som är "lagom" får du fråga experterna - jag har ingen aning. Jag har aldrig sett
en varg i det fria och lär nog aldrig få göra det heller.

På en bondgård i Polen där det strök omkring varg kom man på den geniala idén att spela upp kassettband med vargylanden från en flock som var större än den som befann sig i närheten. Vargarna stack sin kos, reviret var ju "upptaget".

// Josephine

Användarvisningsbild

joran  
#788412 För att förstå en stor del av vargproblematiken i Sverige, tror jag det är klokt att läsa på om samerna, urfolket och renskötseln. Ska vi ha en stor vargstam så får vi lägga ned renskötseln och det tror jag ingen vill. Varken Riksdagen eller Regeringen eller EU skulle tillåta det.

Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).