Motorsåg och handhållet

Best forestry clearing saw

25 inlägg 21439 visningar 3 följer Svara, dela mm...   
Användarvisningsbild

Re: Best forestry clearing saw

lodjuret  
forestryfun skrev:What model do you guys see the most in Sweden? The Husqvarna 345fx, 252rx, 265rx, Stihl fs480, or Jonsered 2145?
I figure I'll go with what is used the most in Sweden.

I think all 3 brands is good as long as you get one with the at least enough power to do the jobs you have in mind.

One important thing when choosing a saw or brushcutter is your relation with the dealer and how far away (not fun with long trips if something is wrong or you just want to get advise from them). Always more fun if you at least get decent service and you get the impression of that they know what they are talking about.

Another thing is they can feel different in you hand so you might go around and try the different brands out, There is also the question if you want to use your thumb or finger to move the throttle.

When I chose to go with stihl (chainsaw and brushcutter) over husqvarna the dealer was the thing that tipped the scale.

And don't forget to use proper safety equipment, steel cap boots, ear protection, eye protection and helmet if what you cut it higher then 2m+.

Here we use ear protection, eye protection and helmet in one, haven't got the impression that's normal over there (?).

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/protective-and-work-wear/head-and-face-protection
Senast redigerad av lodjuret lör 27 okt 2012, 20:06, redigerad totalt 1 gång.

Husqvarna motorsågar

Boarpan  
#191628 Jonsered, Husky and Stihl is good saws but one big diffrence is the harnest. You shold try what you think is best for you. Let the harnest cost alot, that makes the diffrence betwen working 4 or 7 hours and still be able to get upp in the morning and do the work next day.

forestryfun  
#191857 I do like the thumb throttle, so for that I am leaning towards husqvarna and jonsered. Which is the #1 most used Husqvarna model for professionals?

Also, thank you for all of the input!

TS

Bonn-Pelle  
#191877 Both 545 and 555 are used and designed for professionals
My experience is that Husqvarna 555FX-t is most common of the Husqvarna there i live.
The FX-t models got heather in the handle.
Based on my experience is 60-70 555 and 30-40% for 545 models
Both models are equiped with 9" blade as standard.
Many are also intrested to buy the new 535 and its new standard for clearing work in the forest.

Användarvisningsbild

Mange  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#191891 You really should have a look at what is availeble around you.
A good dealer is good regardless of brand. This is more important in my opinion.

No matter what you get it will need service.

Where are you located?

forestryfun  
#191949 I think I'm leaning towards the 555fxt. Do many people still use the older 265rx, 252rx, or 345fx? Because I have learned that sometimes the older machines are actually better and more reliable than the newer ones.
Thank you

TS
Användarvisningsbild

Mange  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#191958 Professionally it is hard to run older stuff as it is not always easy or even possible to get parts/service.

Användarvisningsbild

Mettämies  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#191986 I use Husqvarna 345FxT's and 355FXT in my business, decided to wait for Husqvarna to sort out some of the problems with the newer models before I get them :mrgreen:
The 345Fx is a very reliable saw, I have used them since 2004 (8-9 saws, thousands of hours running time in total) and have only had one major failure, a scarred piston and cylinder after over heating. IMO the second best clearing saw Husqvarna have ever made, the best is 252RX, no doubt about that!
355Fx is probably the worst Hva model in modern time, but so powerful you forget about the problems when it works 8)

I would buy the make that has a good dealer close to you, no point in getting the best saw if you can't get parts to it (unless you can wait for them and order online), if it doesn't break it will need service items occasionally.

forestryfun  
#192125 Unfortunately, I don't have any dealers near me, so it has to be ordered from the Internet. That is why I want the best/most reliable saw used most by professionals. So it sounds like the 252rx might be the best? Do many people use the 265rx with good success?

TS

peter399  
#192218 The 265rx is a BEAST. Probably the most powerful clearing saw on the market? Don't know if you can get it any longer. I wouldn't like to carry the weight of all day .. For normal clearing I would not consider it. I know people still use if for clearing out the smaller trees before thinning with harvester.

Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).