Motorsåg och handhållet

Bahco HFGPS Hatchet - Made in Sweden?

7 inlägg 4949 visningar 2 följer Svara, dela mm...   

Bahco HFGPS Hatchet - Made in Sweden?

Axeman  
#134634 Sorry to post in English only, but does anyone know if these Bahco hatchets are made in Sweden? Also does anyone have experience of them or want to comment on them?
Thank you!

TS
Husqvarna motorsågar
Användarvisningsbild

Re: Bahco HFGPS Hatchet - Made in Sweden?

Niking  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#134639 I don´t think this Bahco is made in Sweden. Bahco owns many factories abroad!

Besides, Bahco is often not a premium brand any moore viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8270
/Niklas

Användarvisningsbild

th  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#134688 No, it is not Bacho that owns the factories outside Sweden, it is Snap-On Incorporated in Wisconsin, US that owns the factories and the Bacho "brand". In a Snap-on factory, tools with several names may be manufactured but none of them are true Bacho tools since the Bacho company ceased to exist several years ago.

Axeman  
#134695 Thank you for the replies, very interesting! I was just told these are made in Germany, but do not yet have one to examine.

TS
Användarvisningsbild

Mange  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#134791 Axes with plastic handles is something I try to avoid if I can.
I never seen one that actually work good, but never seen any small with it either..

Not sure what your intended use is for it, but I bet there are better ones.

Axeman  
#134832 The handle is fibreglass, which is not as good as wood in some ways, but more durable. I think such a hatchet head design is ideal for hunting or camping where minimum weight is important.

TS

Axeman  
#222966 I have one of these to examine and use now. The head seems to be a very good quality steel, it takes a fine edge, has a good ring and is harder than most modern axes I've used. The head is a forging, the grinding and finishing is adequate but could be improved by the owner if they wished.

The balance is a little heavy towards the head, which could probably be made a bit smaller and be just as useful. The blade could be made 2.5cm shorter and a bit wider and thinner to reduce the weight and improve the balance. 1cm off the hammer head would be no loss either.

The handle is very firmly attached; I don't think you will get it out without a hydraulic press! So, the major problem of wooden-handled axes: breakage or loosening of the handle is avoided with this tool. That could be a very important point if the user is a long way from "civilization".

I would not be surprised if the heads are made in Germany. They remind me of Iltis Oxhead Brand heads in shape and markings.

TS
 Besvara  
  • Sida 1 av 1
Annons:
Emmaboda skog och traktor
Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).