Gallring

Thinning in Sweden

7 inlägg 6459 visningar 3 följer Svara, dela mm...   

Thinning in Sweden

fleischhansvladimir  
#257277 Hi guys,
I was in Sweden, really nice country by the way, last year and I was surprised, how difficult terrain is at your country. I´m from The Czech Republic, and working in first thinnings with Vimek 606TT and larger machine. So I´m interesting, how is it goes at your country, what machines are usually use in first thinnings, how many timber assortment are you making etc.?

TS
Malwa

Re: Thinning in Sweden

rikard_e  
#257285 Hello and welcome. It depends on where in sweden, but the forests are often sloped, rocky and often mixed with smaller marshes.

We got numerous of assortment.

A small example

Timber from fir tree 310-550 cm (often) and thickness 16-75 cm
Timber from pine 310-550 often
Then we got something we call "kubb" thats often a standard length, and often quite short, ex 305cm

pulpwood , that becomes paper
pulpwood often comes from pine, firtree, birch.

We got at really large assortment.

I've seen some pictures and films from Czech , your forest seems astonishingly flat, which is a dream for many of us.

I can only speak for the part where im from, but for thinning we got a few smaller harversters that only works in thinning. Mostly a bigger harvester, ex a middleclass machine thats more versatile is used, these are more common in sweden.

If you want, you can tell us about the forestry in the The Czech republic, and also upload photos.

Apologys for misspelling, my english is not perfect.

Best regards Rikard

Användarvisningsbild

OAS-forests  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#257316 Do you use Vimeks harvester also or do you reprocess trees manually? Which one are your customer?

There are many different machine systems used in thinnings. Which is used depends often of the owner of the property. Systems as Vimek are a good choise with low impact on the environment. Lately several other manufacturer of small machines for mechanical thinnings have also appeared, such as Malwa. I think such machines is often used on private properties, in forests close to urban areas and where the environmental impact is of extra importance.

The really big property owners use larger machines from the globally renowned manufacturers. I think these property owners focus is on cost effiency and not low environment impact.

fleischhansvladimir  
#259751 Re for OAS-forests:
I use Rottne 2004, before FMG 0470 from 1991(!), but in CZ are about 10 Vimek 404. The 404 are using in first thinnings, in 20+ years old forests. The average tree is started at 0,3 m3. I know one company from South Bohemia, they has two 404 (now maybe 3). One is the first 404 in czech and its model T. Maximum average tree is 0,14 m3 and the second machine is version T3 and there is max. 0,19.
Small scale machines, like Vimek, Malwa, Novotny or Entracon are very popular here, because low impact, but if you are in hard terrain and long distance you have half money. This machines are reuquired by small forest owners, but also big owners and companies.Extra put emphasis is on thin branch road, typically 2 metres. Its frequently condition in contracts for thinnings in 40 years old forests. In total, machines used in Sweden for thinning 9 tons load, are often for foresters so big and they wanted machines like Vimek etc..

Re for Rickard_e:
Condition in Czech depend where you are. In mountains are steep slopes, where you can logging yust by horses, skidders and cableways. On highlands you can cutting by harvesters or forwarders. Im working in highlands, there are many places, where are steep slopes and wetlands, but not in swedish scale. Also stones are here, but in small areas. In total, Sweden looks much harder, especially for forwarding.
What is harder in Czech in my opinion is the sorting of timber. We are working in thinning from 20 to 80 years old forests. So we cutting 2, 2,5, 3, 4, 5, sometimes 6 m long pieces of timber. 2 m is the pulpwood, rest is roundwood, sorting by diameter. Also pulpwood can be sorted by diameter. So sometimes you can have two sorts from 2m, two from 3m, three from 4m etc..

TS

fleischhansvladimir  
#259754 And are you working in forest, is it your job? What machines have you got? Iĺl post some pics soon.

TS

åberg  
#259826 This is interesting, to get a view of conditions in other countries. Please keep posting. :-bd

Användarvisningsbild

OAS-forests  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
fleischhansvladimir skrev:And are you working in forest, is it your job? What machines have you got? Iĺl post some pics soon.

No, my profession is not forestry. I am an engineer and I use my sparetime to do forestry work on my property. It is mainly to take care of trees which wind and snow has put down and first thinnings. I do the cutting with chainsaw and the terrain transport with the Vimek 620.

Yes, I agree with you about the demand of more engine power in demanding terrain and more load capacity if the distance is long. That is probably two explanations of why the large scale forestry business choose larger, heavier and more powerful machines.

I am not the man to describe common models in use in Sweden. But I am sure the other guys on the Forum will do :)

Besvara  
  • Sida 1 av 1
Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).