Motorsåg och handhållet

Best forestry clearing saw

25 inlägg 21436 visningar 3 följer Svara, dela mm...   

Best forestry clearing saw

forestryfun  
#191402 Hi. I was just wondering what model clearing saw is the most popular and most used for forestry in Sweden. Clearing saws are not very popular in the U.S., and I know they are very popular in Sweden so hopefully you will be able to help me. Sorry for writing this in English, but i was afraid the translated would be inaccurate. Thank you in advance!

TS
Husqvarna motorsågar
Användarvisningsbild

Re: Best forestry clearing saw

SkogsGotte  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#191406 I would say that stihl fs 490 is the best machine at this moment.
http://www.stihl.se/STIHL-produkter/Tri ... EM-KW.aspx

Skogsola  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#191408 The old 480 was even better. The 490 has the politically correct environment engine but the 480 is lighter and got more throttle response.

peter399  
#191415 The backpack clearing saw Husqvarna Fbx 535 is in my opinion the best clearing saw on the market. For a conventional clearing saw, I like our Stihl 480 as well.

Boarpan  
#191458 Perhaps this is a stupid question but..
If you don´t have any clearingsaws in USA how do you get a plant to a timber.

Användarvisningsbild

lodjuret  
Boarpan skrev:Perhaps this is a stupid question but..
If you don´t have any clearingsaws in USA how do you get a plant to a timber.

No clue if they use them but sthil's website have some of them 360, 460 and 560.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/brushcutters-and-clearing-saws/

I wonder why 490 and 410 is not there and some of the ones we call brushcutters they call trimmers

Användarvisningsbild

totte  
#191472 Some use their chainsaws with 32" bar for clearing, that's the US style, no feeble 13" bars over there.

forestryfun  
#191481 How about Husqvarna? Aren't there more Husqvarna clearing saws used in Sweden then Stihls?

TS
Användarvisningsbild

lodjuret  
#191489 Don't know the ratio but what people use is husqvarna, stihl or jonsered.

Personally I use a stihl FS 480, but my work in the woods is more of a hobby then an income.

Användarvisningsbild

th  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
forestryfun skrev:How about Husqvarna? Aren't there more Husqvarna clearing saws used in Sweden then Stihls?

There are a number of Husqvarna/Jonsered clearing saws on the market. Take a look at the Husqvarna or Jonsered web sites and you'll discover the product offers. Being born in Sweden, I prefer and use the Husqvarna/Jonsered products and I have two HVA clearing saws, an old HVA 244rx and a newer HVA 335 that is mainly used as grass trimmer but can also be used as clearing saw for young trees in the inch diameter class.

Användarvisningsbild

värmSkog  
röj.jpg
:lol:

Användarvisningsbild

OAS-forests  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#191529 I have got one also... it is for sale.

forestryfun  
#191575 What model do you guys see the most in Sweden? The Husqvarna 345fx, 252rx, 265rx, Stihl fs480, or Jonsered 2145?
I figure I'll go with what is used the most in Sweden.

TS
Användarvisningsbild

Slurfi  Firar 10 år som aktiv medlem på skogsforum! 
#191592 I run three Stihls and have one Hva as a backup saw, a collegue runs only Stihl and another
collegue have Hvas.
My guess is that good service and a good saw-salesman is a factor when choosing.

Nonkan  
#191599 For professional use where I live I would say that the most common saws are the Stihl 480 KW and Husqvarna 355FxT, both being quickly replaced by Stihl 490 KW and Hva 555FxT. In our area the saws are replaced every 2 years, with a couple of the old ones kept as spares or backup.

For farmers etc. the Husqvarna 345 and Stihl 450 are still going strong, the replacement rate there is much slower.

Fredrik Reuter
Hej Gäst! Jag heter Fredrik och driver denna sajt. Jag skulle gärna vilja tipsa dig om hur du kan få ut mer av skogsforum. Klicka på de knappar som passar dig här intill (minifönster öppnas).